January 1, 2016
Wishing you all a very happy New Year filled with great love, success and fun!
I know that the turning of the calendar over to a new year always seems to be a time when I reflect on my achievements and learnings from the past year, and think about what I’m planning to create in the next year. In this time of reflection I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate having motivated, positive and successful people like yourself in my life. I am truly blessed and inspired by your journeys and achievements.
I’m sure many of you will relate when I say that, every year I plan to get more done than I ever actually manage to achieve. In fact, I know many of you can relate to that because my clients and friends have the same challenges. The sorts of things I hear are:
- I want to start up my own business but don’t even know where to start – I can’t seem to find the time to get the information I need.
- I’m stuck in a job that puts me under so much pressure I don’t have the time I’d like to spend with my kids/exercising/travelling……
- I’m so busy running my business working with low-profit clients, I don’t have time to make the changes I need to attract higher-profit clients.
- I’m sick of doing everything around here. I can never seem to find time for myself.
What I notice is that time seems to be the biggest challenge we all have. We need to find ways to find the time to plan and take action on the things that will change your experience of your life in strategic and positive ways.
I can’t make changes for you. No one can. However I can assure you that, while real change takes time, it’s absolutely worth it if you want to earn more, stress less and give more of yourself to others.
Here’s step 1 for changing your quality experience of life (there are 4 steps to completing this step – grab a piece of paper to get started):
- Write down your goals for the entire year – both personal and professional (i.e. money). Try to stick to 2 or 3 big goals in total.
- For each goal, write down 2 – 3 action steps that you will need to take in order to achieve these goals. This might give you up to 9 action steps.
- Now identify the three action steps that, if you got started on them now, would have the greatest impact on achieving your big life goals.
- Get out you diary or calendar and schedule time to complete each action step.
There you go! I can assure you that it feels incredible to have made space in your life to work on the big things. Often it’s only a small effort that makes a huge impact.
You are already successful in so many areas of your life. I’d hate to see you stuck in any way in a place that doesn’t allow you to enjoy, love and share your gifts with those closest to you (and in fact, with the whole world!). So please take the challenge to complete these action steps, and feel free to share any and all successes you have!
Feel free to share this link with your friends. And stay tuned for Part 2 of “get your year into gear” next week.
If you would like to join a group of motivated people also achieving their goals for 2016, check out our Ka-Pow! groups here. New groups are starting in February, so get in touch now!